Keyhorse Capital, in partnership with Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development’s statewide #KYInnovation program, and as an initiative of Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation (KSTC), has announced that its current quarterly investment cycle is open through September 30th for eligible companies.
The windows for each quarterly investment cycle are:
- January 1 - March 31
- April 1 - June 30
- July 1 - September 30
- October 1 - December 31
Through the Kentucky Enterprise Fund, Keyhorse Capital and the Commonwealth of Kentucky have been investing in the future of Kentucky since 2002, leveraging over $45 million to support 209 Kentucky companies.
The fund makes early-stage venture capital investments in high-growth startups and entrepreneurs based in or interested in relocating to Kentucky. Companies must be in the process of building an innovative, technology-enabled product, process, or service; have developed a prototype, be seeking product-market fit, or entering an early growth stage of development; and present a well-articulated market opportunity with some level of customer validation and a strong founding team.
In the second investment cycle of 2023, Keyhorse Capital announced $2,245,000 of investments in companies that included:
- Pavr Solutions: Calendaring management system for business tracking, reporting, and analysis
- Gamerabble: Coaching and community platform for eSports and video game skill building.
- Narratize: Corporate communications and written content development software
- RSET: Rapid scanning and 3D modeling platform for education and professional training environments
- VRTogether: Virtual reality platform addressing senior citizen loneliness and isolation
- AuthoFi: Patient pre-authorization automation platform for healthcare providers.
- Repatient: Revenue cycle management and interest free patient payment plans and services for the healthcare industry
- C2 Keep: Controlled Substances Inventory Management system for Pharmacies
- The Kentucky Hug: Ticketing marketplace and tourism management software, focused initially on the bourbon industry.
- Feedcoyote: B2B/B2C freelance collaboration network and project management platform
Keyhorse Capital, KSTC, and the Kentucky Enterprise Fund have partnered with KY Innovation and the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development to create an easy-to-navigate quarterly investment process for the state’s most promising startup companies. Together, with an improved public application process and statewide communication strategy to increase access and the number of investment opportunities, the Kentucky Enterprise Fund has seen an overall 250% increase in award applications and reviews.
To learn more and apply for funding, visit: keyhorse.vc/
About Keyhorse Capital
Keyhorse Capital is a seed-stage venture capital firm focused on supporting a thriving community of entrepreneurs willing to go the distance to build and grow innovative companies. The flagship fund for over 20 years, Kentucky Enterprise Fund (KEF), is focused on investing in early-stage companies based in Kentucky. Keyhorse Capital has provided financing to 407 companies. Their active portfolio of 114 companies has created more than 800 jobs and counting. Learn more at keyhorse.vc.
KSTC is a private, statewide non-profit corporation committed to advancing science, technology, and innovative economic development founded on Kentucky know-how. KSTC seeks to improve the capacity of people, companies, and organizations to build an innovation-driven economy in Kentucky. Learn more at kstc.org.
About KY Innovation
#KYInnovation is an initiative of the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development which targets resources to support startups, traditional small businesses and innovation-driven entrepreneurs across the business life-span with the aim of dramatically improving Kentucky’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and significantly increasing the number of new company startups annually. More about the Commonwealth of Kentucky’s investment and support for innovation can be found at kyinnovation.com.