Keyhorse Capital, in partnership with Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development’s statewide #KYInnovation program, and as an initiative of Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation (KSTC), has announced that its current quarterly investment cycle is open through December 31st for eligible companies.
The windows for each quarterly investment cycle are:
- January 1 - March 31
- April 1 - June 30
- July 1 - September 30
- October 1 - December 31
Through the Kentucky Enterprise Fund, Keyhorse Capital and the Commonwealth of Kentucky have been investing in the future of Kentucky since 2002, leveraging over $51 million to support 220 Kentucky companies.
The fund makes early-stage venture capital investments in high-growth startups and entrepreneurs based in or interested in relocating to Kentucky. Companies must be in the process of building an innovative, technology-enabled product, process, or service; have developed a prototype, be seeking product-market fit, or entering an early growth stage of development; and present a well-articulated market opportunity with some level of customer validation and a strong founding team.
In the third investment cycle of 2023, Keyhorse Capital announced $6.1M of investments in companies that included:
- Bailout Systems: Developer of the world’s smallest, hands-free descent device, enabling a user to anchor, jump, and lower to the ground safely without any additional input from the user
- C2 Keep: Controlled Substances Inventory Management system for Pharmacies
- Capsoul Collective: Developer of a novel travel luggage product line combining features of tactical bags with a designer look and feel and is targeting creative professionals
- DesiCorp: Developer of a transfusable blood product for medical providers utilizing freeze-dried red blood cells
- Forecastr: Developer of an online tool allowing founders to confidently forecast the cash flow of their companies.
- GoodMaps: Indoor digital mapping platform improving the accessibility, safety, and productivity of indoor spaces
- Guide Book Outdoors: Developer of both a web and mobile marketplace platform where outdoor enthusiasts can find and book excursions of interest and outdoor guides can offer their services.
- HANDLE: Software technology solutions for managing healthcare capital equipment assets and supply chain
- Harper: Developer of a mobile application that empowers dog owners to better take care of their pets.
- Hempwood: high-strength hemp-based sustainable building materials
- Modica: Superfood and low-sugar drink mixing and cocktail products
- Narratize: Corporate communications and written content development software
- Nichefire: AI-powered marketing analytics software enabling brands to capture consumer insights and cultural trends
- NX Prenatal: diagnostic assays for detecting adverse pregnancy conditions such as preterm birth
- Organilock: OrganiLock offers soil amendments and plant food products designed to prioritize soil microbial life and promote soil health
- PowerTech Water (Electramet): water treatment technology designed to give water-intensive industries access to clean water and/or cleaner outputs and waste streams
- PreventScripts: health management platform and remote patient monitoring for diabetes and hypertension
- Repatient: Revenue cycle management and interest free patient payment plans and services for the healthcare industry
- Resound: artificial intelligence platform for podcast editing and producing for independent podcast creators
- The Nori Project: Bringing ultra modern Japanese inspired vending machines stocked with affordable and nutritious food items to every city block.
- Todd, Inc: SaaS platform for estate and end of life planning
- Wild Seed Beverages: Developer of novel CBD infused coffee products with a go to market focus of supporting black, brown, and woman owned vendors.
- Xena Intelligence: AI-powered platform for automation and optimization of ad campaigns on e-commerce platforms
- Yornest: Messaging platform designed to create close social groups for large or small audiences
Keyhorse Capital and KSTC have partnered with KY Innovation and the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development to create an easy-to-navigate quarterly investment process for the state’s most promising startup companies. Together, with an improved public application process and statewide communication strategy to increase access and the number of investment opportunities, Kentucky’s funds have seen continued increase in award applications and reviews.
To learn more and apply for funding, visit: keyhorse.vc/
About Keyhorse Capital
Keyhorse Capital is a seed-stage venture capital firm focused on supporting a thriving community of entrepreneurs willing to go the distance to build and grow innovative companies. Keyhorse is focused on investing in early-stage companies based in Kentucky through funding partnership with KYInnovation and KCED. Keyhorse Capital has provided financing to 220 companies. Their active portfolio of 125 companies has created more than 800 jobs and counting. Learn more at keyhorse.vc.
KSTC is a private, statewide non-profit corporation committed to advancing science, technology, and innovative economic development founded on Kentucky know-how. KSTC seeks to improve the capacity of people, companies, and organizations to build an innovation-driven economy in Kentucky. Learn more at kstc.org.
About KY Innovation
#KYInnovation is an initiative of the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development (KCED) which targets resources to support startups, traditional small businesses and innovation-driven entrepreneurs across the business life-span with the aim of dramatically improving Kentucky’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and significantly increasing the number of new company startups annually. More about the Commonwealth of Kentucky’s investment and support for innovation can be found at kyinnovation.com.