Keyhorse Capital, an initiative of Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation (KSTC), Kentucky’s statewide innovation support organization, has announced that its current quarterly investment cycle is open through December 31, with $1,125,000 available to invest in eligible companies.
The windows for each quarterly investment cycle are:
October 1 - December 31
January 1 - March 31
April 1 - June 30
July 1 - September 30
Through Kentucky Enterprise Fund, Keyhorse Capital has been investing in the future of Kentucky since 2002, leveraging over $41 million to support 185 Kentucky companies.
The fund makes early-stage venture capital investments in high-growth startups and entrepreneurs based in or interested in relocating to Kentucky. Companies must be in the process of building an innovative, technology-enabled product, process, or service; have developed a prototype, be seeking product-market fit, or entering an early growth stage of development; and present a well-articulated market opportunity with some level of customer validation and a strong founding team.
In the third investment cycle of 2022, Keyhorse Capital announced over $1,000,000 of investments in companies that included:
- Cornbread CBD: Developer of novel USDA organic, full spectrum, flower-only, hemp extract products organically grown by local farmers
- Expandigo: AI-enabled software platform for business networking and B2B connections with company contacts
- Limitless: On-Demand local retail delivery software platform
- Nichefire: AI-powered marketing analytics software enabling brands to capture consumer insights and cultural trends
- Pavr Solutions: Calendaring management system for business tracking, reporting, and analysis
- Pramā: Programming platform intended to provide low-code application development for enterprise
- PreventScripts: Health management platform for providers to identify and intervene with their patients at risk for diabetes and hypertension
- Repaytient: Revenue cycle management and interest free patient payment plans and services for the healthcare industry
- Safewave Technology: Wearable technology providing safety alerts and notifications for hearing impaired and noise sensitive individuals
- Veeper: E-commerce software technology enabling customer buying history related discounting and product promotion
- Yornest: Messaging platform designed to create close social groups for large or small audiences
Keyhorse Capital, KSTC, and the Kentucky Enterprise Fund have partnered with KY Innovation and the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development to create an easy-to-navigate quarterly investment process for the state’s most promising startup companies. Together, with an improved public application process and statewide communication strategy to increase access and the number of investment opportunities, the Kentucky Enterprise Fund has seen an overall 250% increase in award applications and reviews.
To learn more and apply for funding, visit: https://www.keyhorse.vc/
About Keyhorse Capital
Keyhorse Capital is a seed-stage venture capital firm focused on supporting a thriving community of entrepreneurs willing to go the distance to build and grow innovative companies. The flagship fund for over 20 years, Kentucky Enterprise Fund (KEF), is focused on investing in early-stage companies based in Kentucky. Keyhorse Capital has provided financing to 383 companies. Their active portfolio of 90 companies has created more than 800 jobs and counting. Learn more at keyhorse.vc.
KSTC is a private, statewide non-profit corporation committed to advancing science, technology, and innovative economic development founded on Kentucky know-how. KSTC seeks to improve the capacity of people, companies, and organizations to build an innovation-driven economy in Kentucky. Learn more at kstc.org.
About KY Innovation
KY Innovation is an initiative of the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development which targets resources to support startups, traditional small businesses and innovation-driven entrepreneurs across the business life-span with the aim of dramatically improving Kentucky’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and significantly increasing the number of new company startups annually. Learn more at kyinnovation.com.