Keyhorse Capital, in partnership with Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development’s statewide #KYInnovation program, and as an initiative of Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation (KSTC), has announced that its current quarterly investment cycle is open through March 31st for eligible companies.
The windows for each quarterly investment cycle are:
January 1 - March 31
April 1 - June 30
July 1 - September 30
October 1 - December 31
Through the Kentucky Enterprise Fund, Keyhorse Capital and the Commonwealth of Kentucky have been investing in the future of Kentucky since 2002, leveraging over $42 million to support 196 Kentucky companies.
The fund makes early-stage venture capital investments in high-growth startups and entrepreneurs based in or interested in relocating to Kentucky. Companies must be in the process of building an innovative, technology-enabled product, process, or service; have developed a prototype, be seeking product-market fit, or entering an early growth stage of development; and present a well-articulated market opportunity with some level of customer validation and a strong founding team.
In the fourth investment cycle of 2022, Keyhorse Capital announced $1,300,000 of investments in companies that included:
- DesiCorp: Developer of a transfusable blood product for medical providers utilizing freeze-dried red blood cells
- Elixir Kombucha: Food & Beverage company focused on innovative Kombucha product development/fermentation, packaging, and distribution.
- Feedcoyote: B2B/B2C freelance collaboration network and project management platform
- Narratize: Corporate communications and written content development software
- Qbrics: Developer of secure Business Process Management software platform
- RedLeaf Biologics: Producer of natural pigment ingredients intended to provide an alternative to chemical dyes and antioxidant additives in manufacturing.
- Rhiza Health: Building a community to own and govern web3 protocols for healthcare administration
- RSET: Rapid scanning and 3D modeling platform for education and professional training environments
- Seamly Systems: Digital custom/tailored pattern platform for fashion designers
- To The Market: Information services platform providing sustainability and supply chain transparency data to businesses and retailers.
- Untitled Firm: Data pipeline management software for data source connectivity, visualization/reporting, and business intelligence/analysis
- VRTogether: Virtual reality platform addressing senior citizen loneliness and isolation
- Xena Intelligence: AI-powered platform for automation and optimization of ad campaigns on e-commerce platforms
- Xiled Inc.: Social gaming clan/guild/team management & marketing software
- XpressRun: Last-mile delivery and e-commerce integration platform
- Yornest: Messaging platform designed to create close social groups for large or small audiences
In 2022, Keyhorse Capital invested a total of $3.5M in 41 Kentucky companies. Additional investments for 2022 investment cycles included:
- Cornbread PBC: Producer of USDA organic, full spectrum, flower-only, hemp extract products organically grown by local farmers
- CTTS: Home incarceration and monitoring solutions for treating individuals and strengthening community corrections
- Expandigo: AI-enabled software platform for business networking and B2B connections with company contacts.
- EZ Turn: Digital platform designed to assist property managers with student housing turnover
- Fair Chance Works: Learning management and video solutions system for workforce recovery and development
- GoodMaps: Indoor digital mapping platform improving the accessibility, safety, and productivity of indoor spaces
- Limitless: On-Demand local retail delivery software platform
- Melanated Healthcare: A telehealth platform that provides primary care, behavioral health, and women's health care services for melanated patients
- Modica: Superfood and low-sugar drink mixing and cocktail products
- NASCEND: Clinical training, education, and technology company focused on neonatal healthcare management
- Nichefire: AI-powered marketing analytics software enabling brands to capture consumer insights and cultural trends
- OmniLife: Secured messaging and care coordination platform designed to make the organ procurement and transplant process more efficient.
- OrgVitals: Culture management and assessment software for business and HR consultants
- Pavr Solutions: Calendaring management system for business tracking, reporting, and analysis
- Pramā: Programming platform intended to provide low-code application development for enterprise
- PreventScripts: Health management platform for providers to identify and intervene with their patients at risk for diabetes and hypertension
- RAADZ: Market research & survey platform for digital advertisers
- RaveOn Sports: Sports fan engagement and media platform
- Repaytient: Revenue cycle management and interest free patient payment plans and services for the healthcare industry
- Resound: Artificial intelligence platform for podcast editing and producing for independent podcast creators
- Safewave Technology: Wearable technology providing safety alerts and notifications for hearing impaired and noise sensitive individuals
- Smoove Creations: Digital design platform where users can customize different types of footwear
- UJoin: Advocacy and social/public policy platform awareness and marketing software
- Veeper: E-commerce software technology enabling customer buying history related discounting and product promotion
- Working Title Labs: Startup studio for e-commerce innovation
Keyhorse Capital, KSTC, and the Kentucky Enterprise Fund have partnered with KY Innovation and the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development to create an easy-to-navigate quarterly investment process for the state’s most promising startup companies. Together, with an improved public application process and statewide communication strategy to increase access and the number of investment opportunities, the Kentucky Enterprise Fund has seen an overall 250% increase in award applications and reviews.
To learn more and apply for funding, visit: keyhorse.vc/
About Keyhorse Capital
Keyhorse Capital is a seed-stage venture capital firm focused on supporting a thriving community of entrepreneurs willing to go the distance to build and grow innovative companies. The flagship fund for over 20 years, Kentucky Enterprise Fund (KEF), is focused on investing in early-stage companies based in Kentucky. Keyhorse Capital has provided financing to 396 companies. Their active portfolio of 102 companies has created more than 800 jobs and counting. Learn more at keyhorse.vc.
KSTC is a private, statewide non-profit corporation committed to advancing science, technology, and innovative economic development founded on Kentucky know-how. KSTC seeks to improve the capacity of people, companies, and organizations to build an innovation-driven economy in Kentucky. Learn more at kstc.org.
About KY Innovation
#KYInnovation is an initiative of the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development which targets resources to support startups, traditional small businesses and innovation-driven entrepreneurs across the business life-span with the aim of dramatically improving Kentucky’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and significantly increasing the number of new company startups annually. More about the Commonwealth of Kentucky’s investment and support for innovation can be found at kyinnovation.com.