Keyhorse Capital, an initiative of Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation (KSTC), Kentucky’s statewide innovation support organization, has announced that its current quarterly investment cycle is open through September 30, with $1,125,000 available to invest in eligible companies.
The windows for each quarterly investment cycle are:
July 1 - September 30
October 1 - December 31
January 1 - March 31
April 1 - June 30
Through Kentucky Enterprise Fund, Keyhorse Capital has been investing in the future of Kentucky since 2002, leveraging over $40 million to support 179 Kentucky companies.
The fund makes early-stage venture capital investments in high-growth startups and entrepreneurs based in or interested in relocating to Kentucky. Companies must be in the process of building an innovative, technology-enabled product, process, or service; have developed a prototype, be seeking product-market fit, or entering an early growth stage of development; and present a well-articulated market opportunity with some level of customer validation and a strong founding team.
In the second investment cycle of 2022, Keyhorse Capital announced over $1,000,000 of investments in companies that included:
- Community Treatment & Tracking Solutions: Home incarceration and monitoring solutions for treating individuals and strengthening community corrections
- EZ Turn: Digital platform designed to assist property managers with student housing turnover
- Fair Chance Works: Learning management and video solutions system for workforce recovery and development
- Limitless: On-Demand local retail delivery software platform
- Melanated Healthcare: A telehealth platform that provides primary care, behavioral health, women's health care services for melanated patients
- NASCEND: Clinical training, education, and technology company focused on neonatal healthcare management
- OrgVitals: Culture management and assessment software for business and HR consultants
- Pavr Solutions: Calendaring management system for business tracking, reporting, and analysis
- PreventScripts: Health management platform for providers to identify and intervene with their patients at risk for diabetes and hypertension
- Rave On Sports: Sports fan engagement and media platform
- Resound: Artificial intelligence platform for podcast editing and producing for independent podcast creators
- Seamly Systems: Digital custom/tailored pattern platform for fashion designers
- Smoove Creations: Digital design platform where users can customize different types of footwear
- UJoin: Advocacy and social/public policy platform awareness and marketing software
- Working Title Labs: Startup studio for e-commerce innovation
- Xena Intelligence: AI-powered platform for automation and optimization of ad campaigns on e-commerce platforms
- Xiled Inc.: Social gaming guild/team management & marketing software
- XpressRun: Last-mile delivery and e-commerce integration platform
- Yornest: Messaging platform designed to create close social groups for large or small audiences
Keyhorse Capital, KSTC, and the Kentucky Enterprise Fund have partnered with KY Innovation, a part of the Cabinet for Economic Development, to create the easy-to-navigate quarterly investment process for the state’s most promising startup companies. Together, they launched an improved public application process and statewide communication strategy to increase access and the number of investment opportunities. KEF has seen an overall 250% increase in award applications and reviews.
To learn more and apply for funding, visit: https://www.keyhorse.vc/
About Keyhorse Capital
Keyhorse Capital is a seed-stage venture capital firm focused on supporting a thriving community of entrepreneurs willing to go the distance to build and grow innovative companies. Their flagship fund, Kentucky Enterprise Fund (KEF), is focused on investing in early-stage companies based in Kentucky. Keyhorse Capital has provided financing to 375 companies over 20 years. Their active portfolio of 87 companies has created more than 800 jobs and counting. Learn more at keyhorse.vc.
KSTC is a private, statewide non-profit corporation committed to advancing science, technology, and innovative economic development founded on Kentucky know-how. KSTC seeks to improve the capacity of people, companies, and organizations to build an innovation-driven economy in Kentucky. Learn more at kstc.org.
About KY Innovation
KY Innovation is an initiative of the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development which targets resources to support startups, traditional small businesses and innovation-driven entrepreneurs across the business life-span with the aim of dramatically improving Kentucky’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and significantly increasing the number of new company startups annually. Learn more at kyinnovation.com.